Tuesday 20 January 2015

SW Progress and Paprika Pork Recipe

Bonjourno!

As you all you I was SUPER stoked last week when I went to Slimming World and found out that in one week I had lost a massive 12lb. This week I knew I wasn't going to to do as well - to lose weight that quickly would be unhealthy and there would be no way I would be able to keep it off. A theory suggests that 1-2lb a week is a healthy weight loss - in a year a 1lb a week weight loss adds up to a massive 4 stones!
I've already told myself over and over that this isn't a quick fix, I've given myself a year to change how I think about food, and to make myself a lot healthier than I was before. Continuing the way I am, I think that a year will do amazing things for me. Anyway, I went back this week for my weekly weigh in..

And discovered that I'd lost another 2 and a half pounds, leading to my stone award! :D

1 stone and half a pound in two weeks is just unbelievable, I can't believe how much I'm enjoying doing Slimming World, and I can't wait for the weeks and months to come to see how much my body will change. Maybe for once I'll actually look in the mirror and like what I see.

Here's to the next year!

This week I've also found a delicious syn free recipe for Paprika Pork, which is mouth-wateringly good.


You Will Need:

Low calorie cooking spray
Mushrooms
Peppers
500g lean pork fillet, cut into chunks
2 tbsp paprika
300ml chicken or vegetable stock
6 tbsp fat free natural fromage frais
Salt and freshly ground black pepper


Method:

1. Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray. Add the mushrooms and peppers and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the pork and cook for 4 minutes or until browned. Sprinkle over the paprika and cook for 1 minute. Add the stock to the pan and bring to the boil, then cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
2. Stir most of the fromage frais into the pork mixture and heat gently for 2 minutes. Season to taste, garnish with the remaining fromage frais and parsley, if using, and serve with boiled rice and vegetables of your choice.


Enjoy! Ciao 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment