Tuesday 6 January 2015

Slimming World and Couch to 5K

Bonjourno!

So, I wrote last week that I was beginning a new weight loss/getting healthy journey, and I wanted all of you to come along with me. 
This week has ha many ups and downs, the first being the beginning of my couch to 5k training. The NHS Couch to 5K scheme is an easy to follow work out regime where you go from being a couch potato (literally me) to running 5 kilometres of for 30 solid minutes within around 10 weeks. Week one is going okay, I've done two sessions of 20 minutes alternating running and walking, it's really gentle exercise for those (like me) who suck at any form off exercise. I'm really looking forward to where this will take me, and being able to go out for a run sounds like something I would really love to do.
The second thing I did this week was finally join Slimming World. I've done this before and had major success with it, though I'm ashamed to say that I've put on all of the weight I managed to lose plus a whole lot more. It makes me sad that I've let myself get to the state I am, and I'm really happy that I'm now doing something about it. I'll be completely honest, when I got on the scales I almost threw up at the number, but the woman who runs the group was so lovely, she even gave out her phone number to all of us new members so that we could text if we were having an 'emergency craving moment'. 
Slimming World is not a diet. It's a whole new way of thinking about food, and I hope that one day I can inspire someone like me to change their lives for the better as well. I'm really looking forward to where this weight loss journey will lead me... maybe to a marathon?

Maybe not.

Still, it would be great to think that I could do one if I wanted to.. we'll see.

Keep watching for a week two update, moving onto longer bursts of running and seeing how Slimming World has worked in week one.

Wish me luck!

Ciao
x

No comments:

Post a Comment