Thursday 8 January 2015

Healthy Paella Recipe

Bonjourno!

As you all know, on Tuesday this week I decided to join Slimming World. I'm really enjoying the plan and eating clean again, and I feel this is definitely my time to do something about the body that I've always hated. Slimming World is so easy, you literally just fill your plate with healthy foods like veggies, chicken, rice, pasta.. with no measuring or weighing! I just have to watch how much dairy foods and fibre I have each day, and that's all.

So I decided to change a favourite dish that my friend used to make me, using way healthier foods and more vegetables. It's one of my favourites - Paella.



To make Paella you will need:
- 1 chicken breast
- Prawns
- Rice (I used boil in the bag but any rice is fine)
- Peppers
- Mushrooms
- 750ml of Chicken Stock
- Paprika
- Garlic (I used garlic salt)
- Mixed Herbs

Instructions:

1. Start cooking the rice so that it will be cooked at the same time as your chicken and vegetables.
2. Cut the chicken into strips or chunks, and heat in a pan with low calorie spray or water.
3. Add the mushrooms and the peppers, and heat until cooked.
4. Sprinkle paprika and garlic over the mixture for flavour.
5. When the rice is done, add to the chicken and veg and mix until the rice is coated with the juices.
6. Then add the chicken stock.
7. Sprinkle the prawns into the dish and stir well until everything is mixed together.
8. Leave to simmer for around 20-30 minutes - don't stir it until the very end!

ENJOY!

I can honestly say that this dish was amazing, and I couldn't believe it was so healthy and so filling. I will definitely be making it again!

Ciao!
x


No comments:

Post a Comment