Wednesday 14 January 2015

Slimming World Progress!

Bonjourno!

As I mentioned in previous blogs, I started a new healthy eating plan in the new year in order to lose weight and generally be healthier. I joined Slimming World in the hopes that it would give me the motivation and support to be the way I want to be, rather than be miserable about how I am now. I have to say, the first time I went to the group it was super scary, I was so glad that my friend had decided to come with me and give me some moral support. However, after a while it was all okay, everyone was really nice - we're all in the same boat so there was no reason for anyone to say anything hurtful.
I think that is one of the main reasons why I went to Slimming World. I'm not the thinnest of people, and I never have been. I thought that I could just smile it off and pretend that I was happy with who I was - when in reality nothing made me sadder. I've grown tired of the comments that people try to say under their breaths, and the cat-calls that made my life a misery.

So, getting back to Slimming World, I went back after a week for my first weigh in last night. I was absolutely terrified, I thought that I would have put on weight for sure! I'd had a really good week though, eating so much fruit and vegetables and having way more energy from eating clean. Imagine my suprise when I discovered that I'd lost 12lb in my first week!

I was so delighted! I got my 1/2 stone award and everyone was really happy for me. I'm actually looking forward to next week to see if I can lose another 2lb and get my stone award!

Bring on the health!

Ciao!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment