Friday 8 January 2016

Junk Food Confessions

Bonjourno!

As the new year has just befallen us, I feel like now is the time to get back into shape and start with Slimming World anew and try hard to make sure that I can reach my target.

However..

When I decide to go off plan, I go off plan like a kid in a sweet shop (sometimes quite literally). I ate the most ridiculous amount of food over Christmas and New Year, so I decided - taking some advice from one of my favourite YouTubers, Jenna Marbles - to write down everything that my 'inner fat kid' made me eat so that I would see how bad it actually was in order to help me change my ways. So let's do this together in the hopes that it will urge us to put the bag of crisps down and go for an apple instead,


So, the week before Christmas:
- I went off plan way early and started really small, by not measuring the amount of cheese that I put on my spag bol. Not so bad, right?
- Ah fuck it, how did these Quality Street get here? Oh no, 10 seemed to have fallen in my mouth...

Christmas Eve:
- "Mum's bought us a massive box of shortbread for Christmas!" Ahhh, fuck.
- We decided to have a massive "party tea" on Christmas Eve with sausage rolls, a chicken platter, battered prawns, doritos, dip, breadsticks, mini pizzas and a friggen cheese board. There was literally nothing but syns on the table.
- Oh no! 10 more Quality Street fell into my mouth!

Christmas Day
- Merry Christmas! Start the day with a massive sausage sandwich with hash browns on a massive white bun!
- "Here, have some Christmas cake with your cuppa." Dammit!
- Ooops, another Quality Street
- Lunchtime! Turkey with roast potatoes, roast stuffing, mini sausages wrapped in bacon, yorkshire puddings and a mountain of gravy... not a veggie in sight.
- Pudding? Who says no to pudding? Treacle sponge with whipped cream... I can feel the cake on my hips.
- Ahh crap, how did those Quality Street find me?

Boxing Day
- Leftover central! More white bread, more turkey, beef and stuffing. Don't forget the crisps!
- FUCK YOU QUALITY STREET.


Between Christmas and New Year was literally a haven of shortbread, the box was huge and I loved every second of it.

Not only did I eat loads, but I drank loads as well. I'm not a huge drinker but NYE was the time for me to show off my amazing drink-fuelled dance moves.

- Cocktails and more cocktails.. orange juice and malibu, taboo, vodka, you name it, it was in it.
- Vodka redbulls, because why the fuck not?
- Disaronno and orange juice.. apparently I just drink anything when I'm already drunk.

So... there we have it, my junk food confessions. Now I see it I hope that I can feel repulsed enough to start doing Slimming World properly. 

Let me know your junk food confessions!

Ciao!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment