Thursday 9 April 2015

Triple Whammy and Last Minute Tomato Soup

Bonjourno!

I can't believe how much I've achieved since the New Year! My original plan was to lose two stone before Easter, and I managed to achieve that and even more! As it stands, I have currently lost two stone and nine and a half pounds, meaning that I only have four and a half more pounds to reach an incredible three stone. 
At the Tuesday weigh in group, I knew that I had half a pound to lose to get into new numbers, one pound to lose to get my two and a half stone award, and two pounds to lose to get my club 10 award. I smashed all three of those targets and lost an amazing three and a half pounds this week, taking me way beyond my original goal. I know that I have a long way to go to my target, but this has been such the incentive that I need, it just shows what Slimming World can do for anyone, not just me. 
However, I completely forgot that the first weigh in of every month is taster night, and I wasn't reminded of it until monday afternoon. After a panic look around the cupboards (luckily I'd just been to Asda or I would have made a tin of baked beans..) I managed to create this simple but really tasty soup - which tasted so nice that I wanted to share the recipe with all of you.


Ingredients:

Fry Light
Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
Tin of Baked Beans
Peppers (Mixed)
Garlic Powder
Paprika
Mixed Herbs
2 Tbsp Fromage Frais

1. In a big pan, fry the peppers until they are soft.
2. Add the tins of chopped tomatoes and baked beans, and stir until cooked.
3. Add the garlic powder, as much paprika as you like and some mixed herbs to taste. Simmer for a few minutes until the spices have blended with the tomatoes.
4. Take off the heat and blend the mixture to your desired thickness. I blended it until it was smooth, but that's just the way that I like it.
5. When the soup is blended, add the fromage frais and stir until the soup is creamy. Feel free to add salt and pepper to tast, and some parsley on the top to garnish.

It literally takes less than 10 minutes to cook, and everyone at the group agreed that it was extremely tasty!

I hope you enjoy.

Ciao!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment