Sunday 19 April 2015

Spice, Spice, Baby...

Bonjourno!

Wow, I can't believe how much positive support and comments that I get from this blog - I honestly thought that no one would ever read it, let alone talk about it! It's amazing how awesome you guys are, and I love that you guys love this blog as much as I love writing it. I have to admit, yesterday (Saturday 18th April) was a complete write off - it was my brother-in-law's birthday and we all went out for pub grub and cocktails.. too many syns to even keep track of! Either way, I've drawn a massive line under yesterday and started fresh today, and plan to keep VERY low syns from now until weigh day on Tuesday. 
I admit I'm expecting a gain because of Saturday alone, but I hope that I can maintain because of the low syn days that I've had all throughout the week. We shall see!

I thought that I would share with you a Syn Free Chicken Korma recipe with the spice mix that I found in Asda (when I checked the ingredients they were all syn free), along with two of the Muller Light coconut and lime yoghurts. The spice mix alone would be a little too much on it's own I think, and the yoghurts just make it so much more creamy and tasty.

This is the spice mix I found in Asda, you get two sachets in a packet which is so much cheaper than buying the spices separately.



You Will Need:
2 chicken breasts, skinned and diced (I used diced beef a few times, really tasty!)
200ml Passata
100ml Chicken Stock
Asda Spice Mix
2 Muller Light Coconut and Lime Yoghurts
Mushrooms
Peppers
Fry Light



1. First cook the chicken in a pan with fry light, adding the mushrooms and peppers until everything is browned and cooked through,
2. Sprinkle the spice mix over the chicken and veg for around one minute, until the spices have been absorbed into the meat.
3. Add the chicken stock and the passata to the mix and simmer until it has reduced a little (around 10-15 mins).
4. Turn down the heat and add the yoghurts, stirring until they are mixed in thoroughly.

Serve with rice or vegetables - it's not suitable for SP because of the yoghurt, but if you chose to not add it then it would be :)

Ciao!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment