Wednesday 29 April 2015

Let's Taco Bout It

Bonjourno!

I know my posts have been sparse over the past few weeks, but it's really because I've been so busy with work and vaious other things. I work with children so my immune system is so rubbish, and I pick up every disease going. I've been wanting some really bad food to make myself feel better, but I have an amazing partner who makes sure that I stay on track (normally by hiding any chocolate I've bought!). 
I've been really wanting tacos since I started Slimming World, but I could never find something that was syn free so I could cook it. I prefer to make all of my meals syn free so that I can use my syns on snacks, because I love a good bag of crisps or biscuit in the evening with a cup of tea! I know that tacos are not that bad in syns, so I looked for a mince recipe that was free to fill them with, along with swapping other things with syn free things:

Sour Cream - Fromage Frais
Spice Mix - Ground Spices
Fatty Mince - Fat Free Mince
Measured Cheese and Lettuce for some extra taste!

With all of these things togther, I decided to make a syn free chilli to put in my tacos, and the whole meal only comes to 9 syns, which are from the tacos themselves, which are 3 syns each,



You Will Need:
500g Less than 5% fat Mince
Tin Chopped Tomatos
Tin Baked Beans
2 Tsps Cumin
1 Tsp Corriander
1 Tsp Paprika
Garlic Powder
Mixed Herbs
Mushrooms
Peppers
Fry Light

1. Brown the mince in the fry light and add the mushrooms and peppers until everything is cooked.
2. Add the garlic, spices and herbs and mix together for around 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the tins of chopped tomatoes and baked beans and bring to the boil, then simmer for around 15 minutes until the mixture is reduced a little.
4. Season to taste.

As you can see, I added baked beans because I really, really hate kidney beans! Plus the added sauce makes the chilli really saucy and tasty rather than adding extra stock to make up for it.

Serve it with tacos, mixed salad, fromage frais and cheese for a really tasty mexican meal!

Ciao!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment