Wednesday 16 September 2015

Half Syn Three Course Meal

Bonjourno!

I've decided that I'm actually going to take the time to write more of these blog posts, since I recently hit 3000 views (which I could not be more grateful for!). I have a lot of blog post ideas for recipes and snacks to help inspire and motivate people just like me, who are losing weight the slimming world way.
It was nice over the summer to actually spend some time with my partner, we work opposite shifts so as I'm coming home from work he tends to be heading off.. it's a bit of an annoyance! So when he managed to squeeze a day off in the summer he decided to treat me to a slap up slimming world three course meal - which he only ended up cooking the main course! It was so tasty, and only ended up being half a syn for the whole thing, which was amazing! So here are the recipes for everything we made, the syn values, and some pictures to get your mouths watering.

Starter - Stuffed Cheesy Garlic Mushrooms

You will need:
2 Portobello Mushrooms
1/2 tub Quark
Garlic Powder
40g Mozzarella

This one is so simple, just mix the garlic powder and the quark until it's a smooth paste, fill the mushrooms with it and add the cheese on top. Put them in a preheated 180° C oven for 10 minutes until the cheese on top has gone a lovely brown colour. 



Main Course - Steak and chips

You will need:
2 pieces of rump steak (all fat removed)
2 large potatoes
Any veg/salad to accompany 

First, preheat the oven to 200° C. Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into chip shapes, spray an oven tray with fry light, place the potatoes on then spray again with the fry light. These take around 20-30 minutes to cook. In the mean time, heat a griddle pan to a medium/high heat and spray with fry light. Cook the steak however you like it, I personally prefer it medium/rare. Serve the steak with any veggies or salad that you like.







Pudding - Jelly and Cream

This one is definitely the easiest, take the remaining quark and add sweetener until it's at your preference, it tastes so good! Then serve it with a Hartley's 10cal jelly of any flavour, which is only 1/2 syn! 




I haven't had such a good meal in a long time, and I only had to make a little part of it. Maybe he should cook for me more often ;)

Ciao!
x

4 comments:

  1. That is amazing for only half a syn! I'm not a fan of quark, but I am become more accustomed to it #swsunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh that mushroom course looks delicious! Have a great week #SWSunday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh the mushrooms look and sound so good! I miss cheese, it really is a down fall of mine! x #SWSunday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even now it still amazes me how much you can eat and yet still have such a small number of syns! I love switching up my SW Chips by having sweet potatoes instead of normal potatoes - yummy!

    ReplyDelete