Monday 31 August 2015

A Syn Free Pasty?!

Bonjourno!

I do apologise, these blog posts are getting further and further apart! My life has just been so crazy busy since I started my new job, and although I've had the entire summer off (perks of working in a school) I still had loads and loads of things to do. 
After coming back from Alton Towers, we went to see my family up in Newcastle, and spent a long week with lots of small children! It was really nice to see my family again -  I only really get to see my sister once or twice a year because she lives so far away. 

Anyway, I was browing the interwebs looking for some new ideas for Slimming World recipes, as I'd been totally off plan for a while and not really lost that much weight since I got my 4 stone award. I thought about just giving up completely since it was so nice to eat whatever I wanted, but when I had the shock of the scales, it pushed me right back to knowing that I needed Slimming World. So browing around and I came across this recipe for a syn free Steak Bake.

I know exactly what you're thinking, syn free and steak bake are not words that you would normally associate with each other. But when I made the recipe, I can honestly say that it was amazing - even my partner enjoyed it!

You Will Need:

Asda Chosen By You Stewed Steak (400g tin) (This is the only one in Asda that is syn free, but there are a few other options around other shops)
Kingsmill Wholemeal Sandwich Thin (HEXB)
Egg

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, then put around half of the tin into the sandwich thin. In a bowl, beat the egg, then use it seal the edges of the pasty, and brush over the top to make sure it crisps up. Put it in the oven for around 10-15 mins, or until the top is nice and browned.

This recipe is so simple, you can rustle these up in a matter of seconds and have a tasty snack!

Ciao!
x

2 comments:

  1. this looks tasty, but I'm not a steak fan. I have tried using chicken in a creamy sauce as the filling and that was delicious. Thanks for linking up, hope to see you again next week. #swsunday
    Steph | www.raisingemily.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I've been meaning to try these for ages, must give them a go! #swsunday

    ReplyDelete