Monday 23 March 2015

Holy Macaroni!

Bonjourno!

After having a bad week last week and having a gain, I decided that this week all my main meals would be syn free so I could use my syns for snacks. I don't know what it is but lately I've just been in the mood to eat everything in sight - which doesn't help when there is Easter Eggs all around the shops! I haven't given in to temptation yet, but when Easter does roll around, I'll be sure to save all my syns and enjoy a delicious Easter Egg.

As most of you know, I'm a big fan of cooking syn free meals, it's easy to plan meals ahead of time and use ingredients that are completely syn free. Check out my previous recipes, all of the meals that I have posted are free. 
Anyway, I don't know about you, but I always feel like mac and cheese is the ultimate comfort food. There's just something about it that just makes you feel all warm and comfy inside, probably the high fat content! I've been looking and looking for something that tastes just as good with a low syn value, and I've found it. So I've decided to share it with all of you.



You will need:
Dried macaroni
2 skinless boneless chicken breasts chopped
Garlic Powder
Mushrooms 
400ml vegetable stock
4 tbsp tomato puree
200g quark
2 eggs beaten
100g Mozzarella

Cook the macaroni as per packet instructions.
Brown the chicken in a pan with frylight, then add the mushrooms and garlic. Fry until it's done.
Mix the cooked macaroni into the chicken mixture.
Mix together the stock, tomato puree, quark, and eggs, pour into the pasta, add half the cheese and mix together.
Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top and bake for 20-30 minutes, till golden and cooked through.

The whole thing is 12 syns if you don't use the cheese as a healthy A. The whole thing can be split into as many portions as you like, I had half! 

Hope you all enjoy.
Ciao!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment