Friday 20 March 2015

A Saucy Affair

Bonjourno!

I'm so sorry that I haven't been posting that often, but I'm so happy that my blog has reached over 1000 views! It really makes me happy to know that people are keeping up with my progress, and hopefully trying out some of the recipes that I post on here.
Now I'll admit that I haven't had the greatest of weeks - I managed to get food poisoing last week, which meant that although I had a brilliant weight loss (6lbs!) that week, I ate literally ANYTHING I could get my hands on the week after and suffered a gain. It was only small, but since it's the first gain I've had on Slimming World so far, and I know exactly why it's happened, it's still a little disheartening. I know that I can be really good this week and have it off by next week, I guess I was hoping that since I was ill that eating bad food wouldn't count!

Anyway, since I've had literally no time to cook this week, the other half thought it would be nice to treat me with some syn free burgers to celebrate the end of a long-ass week. I'd already used my syns for the week by this point, and didn't want to waste syns on sauces like ketchup and mayonnaise. I know that really light mayo (the purple one from Asda) has about 1 syn per tablespoon, but still I wanted to make something that I didn't have to measure. So, I took some fat free natural yoghurt and mixed it with some garlic granules, and honestly what came out was amazing! It tastes like the garlic mayo you get from takeaways, and it's completely syn free. Made my burger taste AMAZING! 
As for ketchup, I find that simply adding a little bit of sweetener to some tomato passata tastes exactly like a good ketchup! 



Finally, a bit of natural yoghurt, mint, lemon juice and cucumber makes the most delicious tzatziki, and it's also completely syn free. Perfect for dipping chopped up veg in, as well as with a toasted pitta bread. My favourite is dipping some ryvita in it!

Hope you all enjoy some syn free sauce this week. :)
Ciao!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment