Friday 15 May 2015

Kanga-What?!

Bonjourno!

I'm feeling a little down in the dumps this week - I had a teeny tiny (and it really is) gain this week, which sprang out of nowhere and really shocked me at the scales. I can't say I've had any more or less syns this week, or done any more exercise that might make me retain water. All I can think of is that somehow, somewhere along the line I've had something I shouldn't and it's catching up to me now. Anyway, I've drawn a line under it and started anew this week with a food diary in hand to make sure that I definitely have a good loss next week. Although it has been very tempting to attach myself to a lettuce IV for the rest of the week just to make sure!

As you all know by now, Iceland recently released some lovely Slimming World meals, and I have to say they are very tasty (however the sausages gave me food poisoning..) and very reasonably priced for the amount of food you get. I was in Iceland the other day and spotted something very weird that caught my attention. There is a new range in Iceland of Ostrich and Kangaroo meats, all in various forms. Honestly, my first thought was.. wait, what?




After talking with a few people in class - one of which was the district manager - they told me that the ostrich fillets and the ostrich burgers are both completely syn free, which is amazing because they taste amazing! Literally no fat came off the burgers when they were cooked and they were so lean to eat that they were just awesome. The kangaroo fillets are also free - but make sure you don't cook them for more than 5 minutes each side otherwise the meat becomes too tough. The burgers are only 1 syn each, which isn't bad when you compare them to a McDonalds!

I hope you all enjoy some new and interesting meat!

Ciao!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment